Image Photo Search and Save
Find, sort and save photos from multiple sources across the web.
Your are missing out on important information about this listing.
Sign in to your account to view all the metrics.
This is a React (Firebase) photo aggregation app that gets around 5,000 visitors average per month (excluding the 30,000 ProductHunt spike in July and a 15,000 spike in November) searching for photos to download. There has been no paid advertising.
The site is free to use and no registration is required. Most visitors don't register, however there are 1,400 registered users and 1,050 Mailchimp subscribers (I’ve never emailed them)….approx 200 have logged in within the past 30 days, hence the ‘active users' number submitted. The domain has a DR & DA of 30 (ahrefs/moz) with 377 linking domains and over 4k backlinks. These details are as of 13th December 2020.
Reason For Selling
I purchased the project in March 2020 as I thought it had loads of potential and I also wanted to learn React. It seemed like a win-win opportunity. However, shortly after, everything went a bit crazy (COVID) and I never got the chance to start properly learning. Now other priorities have firmly taken over.
I’ve done a little marketing, and a Product Hunt listing in July, that’s all. Other than that, I haven’t touched it (I have spent virtually zero hours on it since July) and realise now that I have other things I would prefer to focus on.
The original developer kindly did a few bits for me including assisting with changing over the iStock API, making adjustments for iStock, and a few header notifications, moving the app (so I could use Wordpress on the front end / home page) and updating Node.js 8 to Node.js 10.
Other than that, I haven’t touched it...and have came to the conclusion that I won't be learning React any time soon. So, it's up for sale.
It has great potential and a good amount of traffic that could be monetised by someone with the right knowledge (the current iStock CPA is only generating about $6/mth on average).
- Firebase Hosting, React
- Firebase Database, Realtime Database
- Firebase Functions / Node.js
- Firebase Hosting - Blaze plan (approx $5/mth)
- Google Gsuite (for the email)
- Facebook app (login)
- Synonyms: words.bighugelabs.com API (free mostly, I paid $5 during the spike)
- Wordpress compatible hosting for homepage
Technical documentation for the app is all within Github in a dedicated readme file. The original developer provided this knowing I was going to be a ‘beginner’ developer and ensured all the code was clean, commented and organised before handover.
Current aggregated content via API:
- iStock (affiliate)
There are older images from Pexels and a few others. These are cached and have not been connected to the app since 2019 (ie. before I purchased the app). It might be possible to connect again if you look into the T&Cs of these providers however I have no further information other than the original developer added them and then removed them because he was concerned about their T&Cs.
How can the buyer take this project further?
- Find more APIs to integrate with (I have not looked for any)
- An area to upload photos, become a competitor to eg Pixabay, Unsplash, etc
- Create a photo marketplace for creators to upload and distribute/sell their work
- A social feed & more social interaction
- More emphasis on the favorite/saving/pinning feature - make it into a Pinterest for royalty free photos
- Once updated, share on ProductHunt again
- Mailing list has never been utilised - 1,040 subscribers (1,400 registered users)
- For ‘quick win’ revenue, you could look at affiliate content and/or an alternative to iStock, inserting Carbon Ads, Adsense or similar and/or being generally more aggressive with the ads.
Note that I cannot provide any technical support.
Tools & TechnologiesFirebase, React
Skills RequiredProgramming, Marketing
CategoriesAdvertising, API, Blogging, Design
Reason for SellingI have other projects or businesses I would like to focus on
Included in the Sale
- Includes website
- Includes domain
- Includes source code
- Includes marketing assets
- Includes hosting accounts
- Includes social media accounts
- 2 Offers received
- 97 Twitter followers
- 82 Facebook Fans
- 1,672 Instagram Followers
Buyers also like
Kukie Bot for Messenger
A smart chatbot that recommends awesome startup resources
Wanted to make a website dedicated to latvian hardcore music scene, but changed my mind.
NutPanda (Dev Blog + PWA)
Nutpanda is a developer oriented affiliate blog also the site nutpanda is itself a prem...
With the increasing ailment rates,the world needs a life saver and one who can reach th...
Short snappy domain for products, originally for a community (now deceased)
Website related to ripple token
Embed Blog Posts - ReBlog
A sfotware tool to re-post blogs on your website. embed them onto your site.
A curated website that contains 90+ responsive navigation bar menu tutorials, examples,...