No-Code Personal News Summarizer Service
A personal news summarizer digest service that is 100% automated and built entirely with no-code tools.
Your are missing out on important information about this listing.
Sign in to your account to view all the metrics.
A personal news summarizer digest service that is 100% automated and built entirely with No-Code tools and is currently operational (signup to try it).
Unlike read-it-later services where you simply bookmark stories to never get around to reading; or newsletters that often send you too many irrelevant stories; this service lets the user choose news and stories of interest which are summarized into brief bullets and sent as a single email digest each week.
- User finds the website through another site or directly visits the website
- Upon submitting an email to subscribe, the user is instructed to check their email for confirmation.
- The user then checks their email to click and confirm a valid address.
- The user is on added to the newsletter queue after an email confirmation is received.
- After email confirmation, the user receives a welcome email that instructs them how to set up their bookmarklet to start sending news stories to their personal summary queue.
- 48 hours after email confirmation, a second onboarding email is sent.
- The user receives a single email each week with their specific stories summarized with an opt-out link at the bottom of each email.
**What is the technological stack?**
- Make.com (4 primary steps: ingest, summarize, clean, compile plus voting mechanism and unsubscribe) $35/mo
- Sendfox.com Newsletter Management Free to $10/mo (or $50 lifetime)
- Carrd.co Website Free to $19/yr
- Smmry.com $0.001 per 500 characters returned
- TLDRthis.com via RapidAPI $10/mo (optional, currently disabled)
- Gmail free (though you need to re-authenticate in Make weekly)
**What actions are required to keep the business working?**
Weekly re-authentication of Make.com with Gmail, or switching to a paid Gmail Workplace account or another email platform, to maintain email sending.
**What marketing initiatives have been used for this business?**
Posting in a few startup and Reddit forums yielding about 30 unique users each month.
How can the buyer take this project further?
- Switching from Gmail to another service for email newsletter sending is necessary to scale but I just never got around to it.
- The Make.com scenario has support for RSS feeds through Inoreader, which I have been using for my personal needs. I think users would be more inclined to increase usage if integration was made with other RSS readers and read-it-later services like Pocket and Instapaper.
- I would suggest the above two updates before any broad marketing announcements or efforts. (ProductHunt, LaunchingNext, etc)
- No revenue yet. but advertising within the emails is the ideal method - affiliate links or banner ads.
Tools & TechnologiesNo Code, Other
CategoriesAPI, Email, ML / AI, News, Other
Reason for SellingI have other projects or businesses I would like to focus on
Buyers also like
API Email Verification Service
API that detects invalid emails in real-time. Collect correct details and prevent fake ...
Tweet Screenshot Tool
Unique Dating App
Mobile dating app designed to mimic matching in real-world scenarios.
In-House Automated Hiring Application
Help companies automate, structure and scale technical hiring.
Automated Lead Management Tool
A subscription-based software that businesses use to automate emails, texts and voicema...